LUTHERAN CHURCH BY THE LAKE MISSION STATEMENT
To worship, witness, and participate in God’s activity as we serve God’s community.
John 3:16 and 17; Mark 12:28-33
CHRIST-CENTERED CORE VALUES
DISCIPLESHIP Scriptural Foundation – Matt. 28:16-20; John 13:34,35
- We confess God saves us by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as revealed in Holy Scripture.
- We encourage all who gather here to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ by hearing, studying, and following the word of God.
- We encourage all who gather here to live Christ-like lives.
WORSHIP Matt. Scriptural Foundation – 14:22-33; John 4:21-26; Revelation 7:9-17
- We believe we are called to worship God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God calls us to hear and share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- We believe God calls us to invite and welcome all into this church.
- We design our worship to be faithful to our Lutheran heritage.
FELLOWSHIP Scriptural Foundation – Acts 2:46-47; Colossians 3:12-17
- We believe this congregation becomes an extended family for all who gather here.
- We seek to create opportunities for people to be together and enjoy times of sharing, friendship, and fellowship.
- We seek to love and care for each other.
STEWARDSHIP Scriptural Foundation – I Corinthians 4:1,2; 1 Corinthians 8:1-7
- We recognize we are a fortunate people and all we have and are belongs to God.
- We believe God calls us to identify and respond to needs in our community and beyond to share our gifts of time, talent, and treasure.
- We seek to provide support to domestic and world ministries.
SERVANT LEADERSHIP Scriptural Foundation – Matthew 25:31-46
- We follow Christ’s example of leadership as we are servants to all.
- We believe by serving our neighbor we are serving God.
- We seek to work with other faith groups in our community.